We are currently looking for two additional individuals for this position.
Assistant to Senior Move Manager
We are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to assist our senior move manager in helping clients, often seniors, prepare for their downsizing move, and resettle their new home.
You will assist our Senior Move Manager in helping clients prepare for their move to a smaller residence, often an apartment in a senior living community, and unpack and resettle them in their new residence. This position involves removing items from cupboards, sorting, help guide the clients in choosing what they will take with them to their new home, what will be sold, donated, gifted to friends and relatives, or disposed of, and moving the smaller household belongings to another area of the home ready for the movers. At the new home, everything needs to be unpacked and put away in an organized manner.
- Have a servant’s heart and compassion for clients who are in transition.
- Be time sensitive. Always punctual and on time, prompt and flexible to changes.
- Have flexibility in days/times available to work.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and very patient.
- Be able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must be able to get to the point with the client without being patronizing or condescending.
- Provide emotional support to clients to ensure seamless and hassle-free transition during what is a stressful time and emotional time for the client.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires standing, bending, and going up and down stairs.
- Must pass a background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
The Assistant to Senior Move Manager position is considered casual part-time employment. Generally, work can be accomplished during normal business hours Monday to Friday. For the right individual, the opportunity exists to become a Senior Move Manager on the team as either part-time or full-time employee.
Job Type: Part Time
Starting Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 / hour
Applying for this position:
Include a cover letter detailing why you believe you would be ideally suited to this position. Include the words ” Servant’s Heart ” at the top of your resume or cover letter to be considered.
Complete the form below and upload your cover letter and resume as a PDF.